Thursday 8 January 2015

Pablo Picasso never got called an asshole...

This one has been in my head since day 1 here in Malaga.


A few years ago I met a guy in Sitges. He must have been over 100 years old! He invited me back to his house for a drink and to see his collection of photographs. Totally fucking amazing!!! Pablo was a good friend of his. A collection of photographs of the collective of their day. All of them.

I will tell you why Pablo Picasso never got called an asshole; he was stinking rich (you should see his old house here). TBH his art doesn't really cut the mustard for me. I find it very emotionless and bland. Even the scary stuff is just a bit, well, meh.

I am painting in a traditional way with new materials. Putting a proposal together for windows of a very special hair salon. Mr Picasso never had to do this.

Working from this photo. I will `post the results another day.




No comments: