Monday 29 December 2014

The Evolution of a Goddess.

Grand title in the context of an ongoing personal Project – it can be as grand as my imagination allows. Whilst times are hard I’m killing boredom by sketching ideas for new paintings onto floor board offcuts collected from a skip. This is this afternoons evolution:


I am returning to Steffi and the Prickly Pair. The first of many paintings based on conversations I have had with people. Projecting my imagination into a future they suggested, or even described, each painting losely represents a Goddess from a religious belief. It is good fun, and provides loads of scope for ideas and inspiration. The style is influenced by many. Perhaps mostly by the work of an artist a friend introduced me to just as I started to dabble with oils (Ken Kiff), and German Expressionist Art.

Anyway...
How to protect your eggs in a communal kitchen.


It is suggested you write your name on your food with your check-out date. I had a better idea. Nobody is going to fuck with my eggs. Eat. Drink wine. Then send email to beautiful friend letting them know you are thinking about them. Wake in the morning trying to ignore the embarrassment.



Somebody and their dog is going to be next Goddess. It is going to be fabulous on a large scale with a big story. In the meantime; how the fuck do I escape Malaga, get new passport and get to Ibiza? I am not going down well in Malaga. Perhaps Nerja is worth a try.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

John ....come back to Granada